Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Losing some marbles...

Holding other marbles more tightly....

I've been actively trying to lose weight and get in shape for a few months. I have lost 42.5 pounds since April 1st, so I am doing pretty well thus far. I have needed to get on the exercise side for a while, and I just hadn't done anything consistently. I just joined the One Hundred Push Up Challenge. Let's see if I can stay with this in order to finish. I have developed mushy triceps, and they are revolting, and I am going to firm them up!




I challenge you to give it a shot, and join me in this! If your current strength or weight will not allow you to lift your full body mass, start with modified push ups, be it from the knees, or even wall push ups if you are really in need of toning! Once you start with the wall push ups, you will get strong enough for the push ups from the knees. After you get used to the push ups from the knees, you can migrate to the classic push ups! If you have never seen wall push ups, here you go:

Do you figure that you can swing these? I think that you can. You are still working a good number of muscles, and it beats saying, "oh, I never could do push ups..." Give these an honest try, you won't be sorry, and your body WILL change.



I have been doing one exercise pretty consistently
lately. I have been doing squats. I use an electric toothbrush with a timer. I have been doing squats the whole time that I brush my teeth, so for 2 minutes, I have been sneaking squats into my daily routine. I don't use a chair, but the small graphic that I found, she uses a chair.

No comments: