Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The easy part....

I've got the easy part of getting in shape nailed back down. For my body, a controlled carbohydrate lifestyle simply works. I can eat, and not gain, in fact, I lose weight. I have been consciously working on the input side of things since April 1st, 2008. As of August 5th, I am down 42.5 pounds. That's not too bad, and I am not suffering either.

By eating a controlled carbohydrate diet, I also gain control over some medical issues as well. I get far fewer migraines by keeping the blood sugars in check. Keeping my blood sugar down by avoiding grains and simple starches and sugars, I also drastically reduce the frequency and severity of my Menieres disease symptoms.

I discovered the disease control quite by accident years ago. I had wanted to go back to controlled carbohydrate eating, as I feel so much better on this way of life.

I've read many controlled carbohydrate lifestyle books. From a cursory glance, my diet is strongly Atkins influenced, but there are elements of
The Carbohydrate Addicts
The Schwarzbein Principle
Good Calories, Bad Calories
Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill
Know Your Fats
Eat Fat, Lose Fat
The Coconut Oil Miracle
Protein Power

I often, but don't always use FitDay. I can get a bit OCD, leaning toward eating disorders behavior when I play with FitDay too much. From using it I have learned that I do lose best when about 75% of my calories come from fat, which rather throws the low fat, high carbhydrate world for a loop!

No comments: